University of Trento PhD Scholarship in Biomolecular Sciences for International Students 2017 – Italy
Applications are invited for the 33rd cycle of 18 PhD Scholarships in Biomolecular Sciences at the University of Trento for the 2017-2018 Academic Year. Italian and foreign applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Application Deadline: 23rd August 2017
Eligible Countries: Italian and International
To be taken at (country): Italy
About the Award: The University of Trento is an Italian university located in Trento and nearby Rovereto. It has been able to achieve considerable results in didactics, research, and international relations according to CENSIS and the Italian Ministry of Education.
The programme is conducted entirely in English. An international certificate attesting the candidate’s knowledge of English at C1 level or higher in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is an indispensable requirement for admission. Foreign students are encouraged to obtain a working knowledge of the Italian language. Applicants may have their TOEFL language test results directly sent to the School. Please note that the TOEFL Code Control of the School of International Studies is 6286.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applications for doctoral positions are accepted from Italian as well as foreign applicants, regardless of gender and age, provided their eligibility by possessing:
a) an Italian “Laurea Magistrale”, according to the Ministerial Decree no. 270 of 22.10.2004 and subsequent amendments, or
b) an equivalent Italian university degree (previous regulations in force, “Laurea specialistica”, AFAM), or
c) an equivalent foreign degree (Master’s degree) obtained at an officially acknowledged academic institution, valid for admission to PhD studies in the Country of issue and similar (duration and level) to the Italian degree, recognized as equivalent1 by the Admissions Committee for the sole purpose of access to the PhD Programme. Any degree in a scientific and technological area will be given preferential status.
- Applications are also accepted from students expecting to obtain the required degree by October 31st, 2017. Admission to the Doctoral Programme for successful applicants who have not yet graduated will be “conditional” and the applicant will have to submit to the Doctorate Office S&T (via email to phd.officest-at-unitn.it) by November 6th, 2017, on penalty of exclusion, a certificate or self-declaration of the degree awarded.
- Applicants with a foreign qualification who do not have a legally recognized title equivalent to an Italian degree (Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica/vecchio ordinamento) will be considered on hold in requesting the equivalence in their application. In this case, the applicant is requested to attach the necessary supporting documents. The Admissions Committee may require the applicants to provide additional documentation in order to assess their eligibility. The ID list of applications whose foreign academic qualifications have been considered not eligible for admission to the selection will be available on the web page of the admission procedure.
Number of Awards: 18. Scholarships are funded by:
- 6 scholarships funded by the University of Trento, on research topics to be carried out at the laboratories of CIBIO – Centre for Integrative Biology;
- 12 additional scholarships on reserved topics that require specific competence assessed during the oral examination and funded.
Duration of Program: The Academic year starts November 1, 2017.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have an equivalent foreign degree (Master’s degree) obtained at an officially acknowledged academic institution.
English Language Requirements: English language certification establishing a minimum level of B1 according to CEFR9. The following exceptions are accepted: – If the candidate is a native English speaker or attended a Bachelor’s or Master’s level course taught entirely in English, a self-declaration is sufficient.
– If the candidate studied or carried out research abroad for 6-months minimum in a country where the knowledge of English is required, a certification by the institution where the candidate carried out the activity, stating the level of English obtained, is sufficient (EU citizens may deliver a self-declaration, according to art. 46 of Presidential Decree n. 445 of 28.12.2000 and subsequent amendments, only for activities that have been carried out at a public institution of the member countries of the European Union);
– If the candidate passed one or more English language exams at level B1 during Bachelor or Master’s degree, a certificate by the University stating the level of English obtained is sufficient (EU citizens may deliver a self-declaration, according to art. 46 of Presidential Decree n. 445 of 28.12.2000 and subsequent amendments, only for activities that have been carried out at a public institution of the member countries of the European Union).
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. The University will accept any additional documents to the submitted application if sent by email to ateneo-at-unitn.it (Subject: “Application ID number- candidate’s Surname and Name – Doctorate in Biomolecular Sciences – 33° cycle – Supplement to application”) by August 23rd, 2017 at 04:00 p.m. Italian time. Additional documents submitted by other means will be disregarded.
Award Provider: University of Trento
Important Notes: Please note that only the Italian version of the call is legally binding, the English version is provided for information only.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat