DAAD Re-invitation Program 2021 for former scholarship-holders of the Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (DEPOS/AST)
The DAAD has opened applications for its re-invitation Program 2021 for former scholarship-holders of the Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (DEPOS/AST)
Application Deadline: 30th September 2021
About the Award: The aim of this programme is to enable former scholarship holders of the “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)” to carry out research, working projects in Germany and to maintain contacts as part of DAAD’s global alumni network.
Who can apply?
Former DAAD scholarship holders of the “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)” who successfully finished their studies.
What can be funded?
- Research and projects at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany.
- Work stay at an institution in business, administration, for former scholarship holders of the “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)” who work outside of the academic sector.
- A research or work stay can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Germany
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Monthly payments of
- 2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
- 2,150 euros for professors
- Monthly payments for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector will be calculated based upon their qualifications accordingly.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- Other payments cannot be made
Duration of Award:
- One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
How to Apply: The application occurs online via the DAAD portal.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- If necessary, list of academic publications
- Comprehensive statement about research or working project (max. 10 pages)
- Time schedule and itinerary (host institutions / cooperation partners) of planned research or working visit
- Letter from host institution confirming academic cooperation, which refers to the applicant’s proposal and guarantees that the project will be supervised and a workplace provided
- Proof of being a former DAAD scholarship holder within the programme “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” and a copy of the Master / PhD Diploma.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.