World Bank Group Investment Analyst Program 2022 for Young Professionals – Lagos, Nigeria
World Bank Group Investment Analyst Program: The World Bank is seeking Investment Analysts in Nigeria to support investment teams to develop new business, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects
Application Deadline: 8th June 2022
About the World Bank Group Investment Analyst Program: Private sector financial development is essential to the promotion of successful and sustainable economies in low- and middle-income countries around the world. Sound and efficient financial markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth. IFC’s goal is to prioritize investment in the financial sector because it promotes development in all other sectors.
IFC is looking to recruit an Investment Analyst for its Africa Infrastructure department. The hiring group is responsible for sourcing and executing investment transactions in the power, utilities, logistics, technology, municipal finance, and transportation sectors in the North Africa, Nigeria, Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Sao Tome e Principe, and the Horn of Africa regions (together “the Region”). Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the IFC’s investment projects. This position is expected to cover all sectors of the group and is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Selection Criteria for World Bank Group Investment Analyst Program:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, specialization in finance preferred.
- Experience at a top tier financial institution (minimum 2+ years) with a proven track record, including experience creating financial models.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions.
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Interest in development issues and working in emerging markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Language skills in Portuguese are a bonus.
Eligible Countries: Local
To be Taken at (Country): Lagos,Nigeria
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of World Bank Group Investment Analyst Program: Paid
Duties and Accountabilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: • Create and review financial models and ensure consistency with financing agreements and relevant project documents.• Analyze historical and projected financial statements.• Conduct industry and market research. • Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and other information submitted by clients.• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes.• Work closely with IFC environment and social, insurance, technical, legal and treasury staff and external advisors to evaluate and process investment projects.• Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities.• Participate in investment negotiations, and in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies including quarterly reporting, compliance and tracking of development outcomes.
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply: APPLY NOW
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.