EY Africa Innovation Pitch Competition 2021 for African Entrepreneurs ($10,000 USD Prize)
Opportunity for entrepreneurs with new technologies and innovative business solutions to pitch to EY Africa.
Application Deadline: 13th May 2021
About the Award: Are you an entrepreneur with new technologies and innovative business solutions that can transform business sectors in Africa?
EY helps companies thrive and transform by reshaping themselves, experimenting with new ideas and solutions, and scaling for success.
We are looking for diverse African-owned companies with technology-based solutions to “pitch” and showcase their innovative products, services, and business solutions.
Join us at The EY Africa Innovation Pitch Competition on Wednesday, May 19, 2021; Wednesday, May 26 2021 and Wednesday, June 02 2021.
- Must be an established and legally registered business for at least two (2) years in South Africa; Zimbabwe; Botswana; Mauritius; Zambia; Tanzania, Namibia, Malawi
- The company must be at least 51% owned, managed, and controlled by black, women, people with disabilities, and youth-owned business
- Provide technology-based product, service, or solution
- Attend EY Perfecting Your Pitch Session and competition May 19, May 26, and June 2, 2021
Eligible Countries: South Africa; Zimbabwe; Botswana; Mauritius; Zambia; Tanzania, Namibia, Malawi
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Total winnings valued at $10,000 USD
- Top applicants will “Pitch” their company to EY and a panel of judges
Duration of Award: Wednesday, May 19, 2021
9:00am – 1:00pm CAT
How to Apply: Applicants must submit ALL of the following in English:
- Complete EY online registration (click on the registration link above)
- Complete company enterprise supplier development (ESD) information form (link below)
- Submit a one-page company summary (PDF)
- Submit a one-minute video (MP4 format) of your “Company Pitch” – instruction below on how to share your video on OneDrive
- Provide BBBEE affidavit/certificate (for SA applicants ONLY)
Deadline for all submissions: Thursday, May 13, 2021
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.