Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) Youth Challenge 2021 for Young People (R1.5 million Prize money)
Win your share of R1.5 million towards your infrastructure development idea with the Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) Youth Challenge 2021
Application Deadline: Not specified
About the Award: The Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) is a leading development finance institution (DFI) operating across the African continent. We provide infrastructure financing in the energy, transport, water and Information Communications and Technology (ICT) sectors, with a secondary focus on the education, health and human settlements sectors. We believe that financing infrastructure is about improving people’s lives and growing the economy. With the inaugural DBSA Youth Challenge, we are inviting youth legally residing in South Africa to submit their ideas and solutions that improve the lives of our communities by addressing infrastructure challenges in new and innovative ways that build Africa’s prosperity.
- Energy: Your idea will contribute to economic and environmentally sustainable energy generation, storage and/or distribution.
- Health: Your idea improves access to quality affordable primary healthcare in marginalised communities in urban and rural areas of the country.
- Water: Your idea reduces water pollution and/or increases access to clean potable water.
- Human Settlements & Housing: Your idea offers a solution to the need for affordable, environmentally sustainable housing in informal settlements and/or rural areas of the country.
- Transport: Your idea improves access, safety and/or the experience of public commuters, or reduces traffic congestion and air pollution or increases the efficiency of moving goods.
- ICT: Your idea solves the challenge of access faced by many, breaking down those barriers to digital accessibility and connectivity.
- Education: Your idea solves the need of access to quality education for every child ensuring that they’re equipped for the future.
Eligibility: The DBSA Youth Challenge is an invitation to youth legally residing in South Africa between the ages of 18 and 35 to come up with new solutions to the infrastructure problems we see every day. We are looking for innovative ideas and solutions, big and small that address the challenges we face in infrastructure within the transport, water, energy, Information Communications and Technology (ICT), education, health and human settlements sectors.
Selection Criteria: Ideas will be selected according to:
- Technical feasibility
- Quality of the submission, motivation and presentation
Eligible Countries: DBSA countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Share of R1.5 million
How to Apply: CLICK HERE TO ENTER NOW!
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.