Deadline Extended: Canon Collins Thekgo Bursaries 2019/2020 for South African Students
Canon Collins invites applications for Thekgo Bursaries. These bursaries are for registration fees for courses at postgraduate and undergraduate level in the following disciplines below.
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2019 (extended from 17th Dec 2018)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligible Fields of Study:
- Languages and Literature
- Media Studies
- Gender Studies
- Arts (Digital Arts, Drama/Performance Studies, Visual Arts/Fine Arts, History of Art, Film and Television Studies, Music)
About the Award: For 2019 academic year, these bursaries will only be awarded to completed undergraduate students who have already missed at least one graduation due to outstanding debt with a university in KwaZulu-Natal Province only up to an amount of R10 000.
Type: postgraduate and undergraduate
Eligibility: To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in any African country.
- have completed undergraduate studies (three year or four year Bachelor or Honours degree) in a degree programme within Thekgo’s focus disciplines in the Humanities, listed above, at a public university in Kwazulu-Natal province in South Africa.
- have missed one graduation already and was not able to receive the degree due to outstanding debt not exceeding R10,000 owed to the university
- have made a payment of at least 10% of outstanding debt within three months of the application deadline
- demonstrate academic merit
- demonstrate financial need
Number of Awardees: 5-7 applicants
Value of Scholarship: R7500. The selection committee decides on the actual amount that will be awarded to individual successful applicants, up to a maximum of R7500.
How to Apply: We are now open for applications. Download the application_form, save a copy on your computer, and fill it in. You must return the form to the Canon Collins office by email to [email protected] along with your supporting documents. Please read the guidelines for applying for more information on eligibility and selection criteria before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them
Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries For Doctors
How to Create Good Study Habits for Exams – In 10 Proven Ways