The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding female students from certain African countries.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Eligible Countries: African countries (see list below)
To be taken at (country): Australia
About the Award: . This scholarship is introduced to support those who share the passion for studying in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, our elite and highly ranked programs at Macquarie University. The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM is highly competitive and will be awarded to ONE student in the year 2021 or 2022.
Fields of Study: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Type: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be a female applicant studying a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics degree at an undergraduate or postgraduate level. You also have to meet the following criteria:
- You need to be a citizen of the Sub-Saharan Africa* region to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Achieve a minimum 65 WAM for Postgraduate or a minimum 85 ATAR (or equivalent) for Undergraduate applications.
- Hold a full offer for one the courses listed in the ‘Applicable course’ section below (single or double degree).
- Be a full-time student studying on-campus (or online if impacted by COVID-19 border restrictions)
- Must not have received a scholarship or sponsorship from Macquarie University or another organisation (unless stated otherwise by the Scholarship Committee).
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award:
- The total value of the scholarships is 50% of the total tuition fee and will be applied towards your tuition fee when you commence your study at Macquarie University.
- This scholarship does NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study.
- The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
Duration of Programme: Duration of course
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, United Republic of Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
How to Apply:
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form and type “African Women STEM” in the Scholarship Name field.
- We will be in touch with you regarding sending your selfie video provided if you are assessed as to have met all other eligibility criteria.