Southwest University Chinese Government Scholarship PhD Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences 2021 for African Students
Southwest University (SWU) provides seats (the number of which to be decided by CSC in June) of Chinese Government Scholarship for the graduate students from any African universities, especially Ain Shams University, Egypt, to be enrolled in the “Doctoral Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences of Ain Shams University, Egypt”.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2021
About the Award:
The program is aimed to cultivate PhD with solid experimental ability, systematic pharmaceutical knowledge and independent scientific research ability through study in academic lectures, lab experiments, as well as practice in Chinese Traditional Medicine pharmaceutical company.
Ø Through the study in this program, students can understand Chinese history and cultural characteristics, the development history and research status of Traditional Chinese Medicine, the frontier technology and development trend of traditional medicine research, the key core knowledge and skills of traditional medicine research and development, and scientific research thinking.
Ø We will recruit lecturers, teaching assistants and advanced graduate students from Ain Shams University, Egypt, who intend to study for doctoral degree in traditional medicine (pharmacognosy) in SWU.
Ø Applicants should be interested in traditional medicine research, have certain basic theoretical knowledge and experimental skills in pharmaceutical science, be proficient in pharmaceutical English, and be willing to make contributions to Sino-Egyptian pharmaceutical cooperation in the background of One Belt and One Road Initiative
Degree: Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Ø Major: Pharmaceutical Sciences
Ø Research Interests: The isolation and structural identification of active constituents of Traditional Chinese Medicine, the exploitation and utilization of Traditional Chinese Medicine resources, new methods for pharmaceutical analysis, the biosynthesis of antibacterial medicine, drug delivery system.
- Chinese Materia Medica
- Chemistry of Chinese Materia Medica,
- Experiment of Chemistry of Chinese Materia Medica
- Pharmacognosy Experiment
- Traditional Medicine Research and New Drug Development
- Scientific Treatises Reading and Writing
- Practice in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Traditional Chinese Culture
- Chinese Course in Traditional Chinese Medicine
Eligibility: Scholarship applicant must
- be a citizen of any African country;
- be in good health;
- not be sponsored by any other kind of scholarship;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying;
- GPA and Language Requirements
- GPA 3.0 and above out of 4.0, or 80% and above out of 100%.
- IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL iBT 85 and above, or English proficiency certificate from previous institute.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): China
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The scholarship covers tuition, laboratory experiment, internship, accommodation on campus, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, and CNY 3,500 Yuan as monthly living allowance.
Duration of Award: 4 years
How to Apply: 1. All the application, evaluation and admission will happen on the website of China Scholarship Council http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/. Please do NOT send the hard or soft copies to us via package or E-mail.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Important Notes: Meanwhile you are also welcome to apply for other scholarships provided by SWU, such as Chongqing Mayor’s Scholarship, SWU President Scholarship, SWU New Silk Road Scholarship, etc. See more on http://gjxy.swu.edu.cn/en/