DAAD/NRF Masters and PhD Scholarship Programme 2021 for South African Students
The DAAD/NRF Scholarship programme offers Postgraduate training in a field with strong relevance for national development, aiming at university staff development and public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
- Application deadline at the NRF: 14th August 2021
- Universities set their own deadlines.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To Be Taken At (Country): South Africa
About the Award: As part of the In-Country Scholarship Programme, in which more than two dozen African universities and university networks participate and which annually supports hundreds of African postgraduates, DAAD in partnership with the National Research Foundation (NRF) offers scholarships for postgraduate studies on a Master and PhD level to South Africans at South African universities in any field of study. This scholarship is only open to South African citizens or Permanent South African Residency Holders.
Type: Master, PhD.
- South African nationals or permanent residents.
- Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Fully funded scholarship for postgraduate studies in South Africa
- Mobility grant for a short-term research visit of 3 – 6 months to Germany
- Participation in one of six interdisciplinary summer schools on offer in Germany
- Participation in an annual networking conference in South Africa hosted by the DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Duration of Programme:
- Up to two years for the Master’s, up to three years for the PhD.
- With this scholarship, the scholarship holder can also elect to do a Short-Term Research Visit to Germany for 2 – 6 months!
How to Apply: Applications have to be submitted to NRF only. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered. Final selection is made by a panel consisting of university professors and representatives of both NRF and DAAD. Successful candidates will be informed through NRF.