Women in Africa (WIA) 54 Project 2022 for African Women Entrepreneurs
Women in Africa 54 Project 2022: Join the WIA54 programme for African women entrepreneurs! This year, WIA rolls out its 2030 plan which multiplies the number of beneficiaries by 10!
Application Deadline: 31st May 2022 (12 AM)
About Women in Africa (WIA) 54 Project: Introduced in 2017, the WIA 54 programme promotes women entrepreneurship in Africa. Each year, it endows 54 African women entrepreneurs from 54 African countries with a comprehensive support package consisting of training, communication, and networking.
Eligible Field(s): The categories are as follows:
Gold Award: Jury Prize
Eligibility: The Women in Africa (WIA) 54 Project criteria are as follows:
- Business created or led by an African woman
- Startup created less than 5 years ago
- First traction on the market (sales, number of users, funds raised)
- Be part of one of the 8 categories
- Applicants can only compete in a category that is their primary business category. For example: If you produce jams sold exclusively on a website, your category is “Agriculture” not “Digital.”
- If you offer digital training, your primary category is “Education” and your secondary category is “Digital”
- Innovative product, service or technology
- Proven business model scalability
- Strong growth potential
- Ambitious team with strong execution ability
- Market traction (revenue, number of users, funds raised)
- Potential impact in Africa
Eligible Countries: 54 countries in Africa
Number of Awards:
Country finalists: 10 women pre-selected in each country
Country laureates: 54 women representing the 54 countries selected from the country finalists
Value of Women in Africa (WIA) 54 Project: The 540 finalists, 54 country laureates, and 9 sector revelations will receive various rewards.
How to Apply: Apply here
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.