UNDP/Office of the President Champions Of Trade For The SDGs: A Call To Ghana’s Youth 2021
The SDG’s Advisory Unit of the Office of the President in partnership with the UNDP and supported by the Ministry of Trade and Industry, has just launched Champions of Trade for the SDGs.
Application Deadline: 16th April 2021
About the Award: This competition is designed to nurture innovative ideas through which the AfCFTA can deliver the SDGs.
The core objectives of the Champions of Trade for the SDGs initiative are to promote continental trade among young African Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Agripreneurs and Startups and help the youth and especially women, to understand how important it is for everyone to be involved in achieving the broader objectives of the Africa Free Continental Trade Area (AfCFTA) agreement and especially so for the SDGs.
Eligibility: Participation is open to all. With a mission to project the national interest, youth networks, innovation hubs and community/grass root organisations from across the 16 regions of Ghana are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications in the form of videos or text, will be accepted via the official website -www.championsoftradeghana.com
Selection Criteria: Careful consideration will be given to ideas which empower women and promote the sustainability of people, planet, partnerships for ensuring AfCFTA works and it works for the SDGs. Full competition rules are developed based on impartial standard corporate practices and requirements:
- Creativity and Ingenuity: Applicants should clearly show how their idea is innovative and different from what exist.
- Relevance: Applicants should demonstrate what the idea means for grassroot change especially for the region they represent.
- Scalability: Capacity to propagate and increase.
- Feasibility: How practical is the idea or solution that is being advanced? Implementation risks.
- Presentation: Outstanding and compellingly submissions with practical demonstration.
Selection Process: All submissions would go through a 1st stage prescreening with 3 innovative ideas being selected to represent each region during the competition.
At the 2nd Stage of the competition the selected 3 regional representatives would be tasked to work together to draw synergies from their ideas to develop a comprehensive model for making AfCFTA a people’s movement for the region they represent.
Eligible Countries: Ghana
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: Based on the popular acclamation and scores from the panel of judges, 3 out of the 16 tasked teams would be selected as finalists and awarded the seed fund of GHC 10,000 each.
How to Apply: APPLY
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.