Oxfam-EDC SME Impact Program 2022 for Nigerian Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Oxfam-EDC SME Impact Program 2022: Apply now for the Oxfam Work-in-Progress Programme for Nigerian SMEs.
Application Deadline: 25th March 2022
About Oxfam-EDC SME Impact Program: Oxfam believes SMEs have the potential to contribute to sustainable growth through increased employment, higher income and relevant products and services for people living in poverty, particularly small holder farmers, youth and women.
To help SMEs live up to their potential, we know they need more than capital alone. Hence, Oxfam provides tailor made business development services to support SMEs in Nigeria, Somalia, Uganda and Vietnam.
Work in Progress! Alliance
The Work in Progress! Alliance is focused on unlocking the economic potential of young men and women in Nigeria, Egypt and Somalia; create jobs and stimulate entrepreneurship by improving the skills of young people, strengthening small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and creating an enabling environment.
Alliance members include Oxfam, Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A), Butterfly Works & IOM.
Eligibility for Oxfam-EDC SME Impact Program:
- Agriculture (the entire value chain), Manufacturing, Producers of Women’s consumer product, ICT, Renewable Energy, Recycling
- Entrepreneurs between ages: 25 – 40 Years
- Annual turnover: N40 million & above
- No of employees: 10 – 250
- Years of existence: At least 2 years
- Counterpart/commitment fee if selected: N75,000
Selection Criteria: We select businesses based on an assessment of their plans and financial potential and on the social impact that they expect to deliver for their community. To ensure businesses deliver on the latter, social impact is monitored consistently from the start and measured over a period of time.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Oxfam-EDC SME Impact Program:
- Oxfam provides tailor made business development services to support SMEs in Nigeria, Somalia, Uganda and Vietnam.
- We expect entrepreneurs to contribute to the costs of the business development support to some extent.
How to Apply for Oxfam-EDC SME Impact Program: Please click on this link to fill the pre-program survey
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.