Jack Ma’s Africa Business Heroes Competition 2021 for African Entrepreneurs
Applications for 2021 Africa’s Business Heroes Competition are live and it’s open to participants from all African countries. Stand the chance to win tools to assist your Entrepreneurship journey. Apply today in English or French!
Application Deadline: 7th June 2021 23:59:59 GMT.
About the Award: ABH aims to identify, support and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their local communities, working to solve the most pressing problems, and building a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
The initiative aims to be as inclusive as possible. Applications are open in English and French to entrepreneurs from all African countries, all sectors, and all ages who operate businesses formally registered and headquartered in an African country, and that have a 3 year-track record.
Every year, ten finalists will be selected to compete in the ABH finale pitch competition and participate in a TV Show that will be broadcast online and across the continent. The finalists will compete for a share of US $1.5 million in grant money.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at:
- Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, we may host the Semi-Finale online in Aug. We will closely monitor the situation globally to determine the safest solution.
- The Finals will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia during the end of November/early December. This is subject to the situation regarding COVID-19.
- Applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- Applicant has traceable/provable African nationality. In other words, you have/had African citizenship and/or a Parent or Grandparent has African citizenship.
- Company is Africa-Based. The business is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- Company is post-Idea stage. Business is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history
- Vision, Mission & Values
- The importance/magnitude of the problem/need you’re addressing
- The feasibility and value-add of your solution
- Market traction of your solution
- Competitiveness of your product/solution
- The feasibility of your revenue model and financial projections
- Leadership & Team Potential
- Social Impact – the tangibility and sustainability of the impact you’re creating
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award:
|1st Prize Winner||$300,000|
|2nd Prize Winner||$250,000|
|3rd Prize Winner||$150,000|
|Other Top 10 Finalists (7)||$100,000|
|Global Immersion Program (Hangzhou, San Francisco, South East Asia)||$100,000|
ANPI will also cover all costs related to the Semi-Final.
- Exposure: Through the “Africa’s Business Heroes (ABH)” show, we provide our Heroes the chance to tell Africa and the world their story. The show is distributed via major television networks, which provides our finalists with significant publicity and exposure.
- Training: we offer our Heroes training at Alibaba’s headquarters via the prestigious eFounders fellowship training program. In addition, we are working with partners to develop bespoke training and accelerator services for our Top 10.
- Mentorship: we offer our Heroes the opportunity to be mentored by renowned business leaders including our Finale and Semi-Finale judges.
- Networking opportunities: ABH attracts inspiring entrepreneurs from across all 54 African countries. Our finalists have the opportunity to connect with, learn and partner with other like-minded entrepreneurs and our community of judges.
How to Apply: Apply to become a 2020 ANPI Business Hero now!
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.