Harvard University Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program 2021 for Students from Asia, Middle East and Africa (Fully-funded)
The Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University (SAI) Annual Crossroads Program is a fully-funded career development opportunity for students from the Indian subcontinent, the Middle East, and Africa, who are the first in their families to attend college and may also be facing challenging financial and social circumstances.
Application Deadline: 22nd March 2021
To Be Taken At (Country): Online
About the Award: The Program is a prestigious and a fully funded career development opportunity for students from across the world, who are the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university and facing challenges of financial and social circumstances. Following a rigorous multi-stage evaluation process, exceptional students are selected from a diverse applicant pool to take part in this unique educational experience.
Type: Short course/Training
Eligibility: This program is for students who are from backgrounds of social and financial adversity. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- First person in their immediate family, or the first member of a generation, to attend university.
- Low-income background
- Ages 18-26
Number of Awards: up to 60 students
Value of Award:
- Free access to HarvardX courses
- Machine-learning-based skills assessment and recommendations for improvement
- Live, interactive sessions featuring senior Harvard faculty from a range of disciplinary backgrounds
For semi-finalists and finalists:
- Mentorship opportunities with Harvard alumni and industry leaders
- Smaller peer group settings to discuss course material and academic affinities
- Access to paid or unpaid internships, locally, regionally, or internationally
- Access to mentorship for one year post-program
- Participation in an annual regional alumni event
- Intensive finalist program with case-study-based curricula
- Consideration for 1,500 USD student grant for internships or short courses in-region
- Competition for a 10,000 USD seed fund for innovative in-region initiatives
How to Apply: Apply HERE
Interested applicants should go through the FAQ before applying.
Award Providers: This program is a collaboration between the Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University, Harvard Business School Club of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the Dubai International Financial Centre, with the support of Air Arabia, the Carlton Hotel, Dubai Future Accelerators, and Emirates Grand Hotel.