Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship (ORS) 2021/2022 for International Students – UK
Newcastle University in the UK is offering the Overseas Research Scholarship (NUORS) for International PhD Students 2021/2022.
Application Deadline: 23rd April 2021
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Newcastle University UK
About Scholarship: Newcastle University is committed to offering support to the very best international students hoping to pursue a programme of research. We are pleased to offer a small number of University funded NUORS awards for outstanding international students who apply to commence PhD studies in any subject in 2021/22.
Type: PhD, Research
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: A candidate could be eligible to apply for a NUORS award if:
- they have been offered a place on a PhD research programme
- they have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes, and are wholly or partially self-financing
- they intend to register to start your studies during the 2021/2022 academic year.
Applications for a NUORS award cannot be made for a course that has already been started by a student.
Number of Scholarships: 18
Value of Scholarship: This award covers the difference between home and overseas fee rates.
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of the programme
How to Apply:
- You must have already applied for and been offered a place to study at Newcastle University before you apply for a NUORS award.
- Please complete the online NUORS application form and in accordance with the NUORS regulations. You will also be required to provide details of an academic referee; the University will then contact your referee directly.
- Further details can be found in the NUORS Regulations 19-20. Please read these thoroughly before applying.
- If you experience problems with the application form, please contact Student Financial Support who can e-mail a copy of the form and the regulations to you.