ReSurge-COSECSA Scholarship Program 2022 for African Medical Students
ReSurge International and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa have developed a scholarship program to support final year COSECSA trainees to complete their Fellowship training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Application Deadline: 15th March 2022.
About the Award: Approximately 30% of the global burden of disease is from surgical conditions and there is an estimated shortfall of more than 5 million reconstructive Plastic Surgery operations annually.
To help address this problem, ReSurge International and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA) have developed a scholarship program to support Final year COSECSA trainees to complete their Fellowship training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- The program is open to final year Plastic Surgery Trainees who are preparing to take the Fellowship – FCS examination in 2022.
- The award should be used for Fellowship examination expenses, including the examination; examination travel; accommodation; graduation; and five-year membership dues to COSECSA.
- The scholarship will be administered by the COSECSA Secretariat
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Each scholarship is worth $3,500. The number of awards will depend on quality of applications and available funds.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should include a personal statement indicating expected results or outcome, a current CV and a letter of support from the surgical training Programme Director of the COSECSA accredited hospital in which the trainee is training.
- The subject of the email should read: “ReSurge International Scholarship Program 2021”
- Completed applications should be sent to COSECSA Scholarship Board using the following email: [email protected]
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.