University of East Anglia International Development Scholarships 2021/2022 for sub-Saharan African Students
International Development Excellence Scholarships for Students from Sub Saharan Africa are partial fees awards, offered on the basis of academic excellence and personal statement.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2021
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
To be Taken at (Country): UK
Eligibility: This scholarship is applied as a reduction to international tuition fees. Applicants of Sub Saharan nationality and/or domicile, holding offers to enrol for a Master’s programme in the School of International Development in 2021 will be eligible for consideration.
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: Scholarships are worth £8,000.
How to Apply: To apply for the School of International Development Scholarship, candidates will need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a graduate of any International institution.
- Hold a degree with a classification of 2:1 (or international equivalent).
- To have secured an offer of a place to study your chosen MA or MSc course. Apply for your course at https://www.uea.ac.uk/apply/postgraduate#masters
- To submit a 250 word scholarship application via our scholarship application form.
- The key part of your scholarship application will be to answer the following question in no more than 250 words:
How does the course you have applied for help you achieve your career goals and how would your experiences and interests aid the learning of the cohort as a whole?
Further Guidance for 250 word scholarship statement: We are looking for a carefully written and concise summary as to how you believe the skills, knowledge and experience of studying on this course in the School of International Development will help you to successfully achieve your career goals. We are also keen to understand how your existing experiences and interests could enhance the learning experience of your peers on the same course and in the wider Master’s cohort more generally.