Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarships 2021/2022 for African Students – SOAS, University of London
Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust offers the Ferguson Scholarships for African national at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at University of London UK.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2021
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): SOAS at University of London
Accepted Subject Areas?
- Full-time MA African Studies
- Full-time MA International Studies and Diplomacy
About Scholarship: Thanks to the generosity of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust, three Ferguson scholarships have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS.
Type: Masters (taught)
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Eligibility: Applicants should:
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country
- Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level
- Hold an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible programmes by the scholarship deadline. Priority may be given to applicants with unconditional offers. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions as soon as possible.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2021. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
Number of Scholarship: Three (3)
Value of Scholarship: Each Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship covers tuition fees in full and provides a maintenance grant, the total value of the scholarship is £30,555.
Duration of Scholarship: For one year
How to Apply: You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
You must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time masters programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 19 March 2021).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 15:00 (UK local time) on 30 April 2021.
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line application form which will open on 15 February 2021.