The department offers internships to previously disadvantage South African students.
Application Deadline: 3rd June 2022
About the Award: The purpose of the programmes is to establish an effective system for continuous development of skilled and experienced candidates for future appointments and mobility in both the public and private sector.
The Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries’ programme seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Enhance youth development and employability
- Develop a culture of high quality lifelong learning within Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries
- Foster skills transfer (through coaching) from Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries’ permanent staff to interns
Requirements: Applicants must:
- Be unemployed youth (SA citizens),
- Previously have not participated in any internship programme in the public service,
- Have completed at least a three (3) years qualification from a recognised higher education institution.
Selection: The Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries (DEFF) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability).
The persons with disabilities will receive preference for the internship programme, and therefore are encouraged to apply.
The departmental recruitment and selection processes apply.
Eligible Countries: South Africa