Women Who Tech Emerging Tech Grants Program 2021 for Women-led Startups
This Grants Program is open to women-led emerging tech startups based in Africa, Europe, and North America.
Application Deadline: 19th February 2021
About the Award: Tech startups play a pivotal role in the future of this world by driving innovative solutions forward. Women Who Tech has launched the Emerging Tech Challenge to fund innovative women-led startups.
The Emerging Tech Grant is designed to fund women-led ventures focused on solving the biggest problems facing this world.
Eligible Field(s): Your startup must fit within one of the following verticals: Agriculture or Food Tech, AI, AR, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, EdTech, Energy or Environmental Tech, FinTech, Future of Work, Hardware, HealthTech, IoT, Machine Learning, Robotics, SaaS, Space Tech, or Mobility or Transportation Tech, VR.
- Your startup must be based within Africa, Europe, or North America.
- Your startup must fit within one of the following verticals: Agriculture or Food Tech, AI, AR, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, EdTech, Energy or Environmental Tech, FinTech, Future of Work, Hardware, HealthTech, IoT, Machine Learning, Robotics, SaaS, Space Tech, or Mobility or Transportation Tech, VR.
- Your product must be in beta or already launched to the public. The only exception to this rule is for Ag Tech/Food Tech, Robotics, and Mobility/Transportation startups who must either be in prototype phase, in beta, or already launched to the public. You may not apply if you are only in the concept stage.
Note: A prototype is an initial model built to test your product; it is not just a design or a wireframe.
- You cannot have raised more than $5M USD from combined sources.
- Your startup must incorporate technology into the approach of your product, which allows the company to rapidly and massively scale in a manner that traditional, independent small businesses cannot. Please note that using tech (i.e. hosting a blog, selling products on your website, or using social media in your marketing) does not qualify as using tech to scale on a mass level nationally and globally.
- Fast growing with degrees of innovation.
- All ideas must be original work or an improvement upon an existing idea without infringements.
- You are a technical founder or you have a technical cofounder. Note: If this does not apply to you, please email us ([email protected]) and tell us more about your setup.
- You must be a woman-led startup, defined as having at least one woman founder or cofounder on the team.
Note: Women Who Tech uses an inclusive definition of “woman” and “female”, and we welcome transwomen, genderqueer women, and non-binary people who identify as gender-nonconforming, female, and/or woman. People who identify within gender identities associated within the male and/or man spectrums are asked not to apply to uplift space and access for people of genders that are historically oppressed and underfunded.
Eligible Countries: Countries across Africa, Europe, and North America
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- $15,000 Innovation Grant
- $5,000 Impact Grant
- ONE ON ONE Pitch Coaching
How to Apply: Apply here
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.