Next Innovation with Japan NINJA Accelerator Program 2021 for Kenyan Entrepreneurs
Next Innovation with Japan NINJA Accelerator Program is a startup support initiative by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) launched in January 2020, to promote innovation and creation of new businesses in emerging countries.
Application Deadline: 5th September 2021
About the NINJA Accelerator:
NINJA Kenya is a 12-week acceleration program aimed at enhancing the ability to secure strategic partnerships and investment for high-growth post-revenue ventures In Kenya. The program is uniquely tailored to bring together expertise from both local and Japanese resources for guaranteed success to participating entrepreneurs.
Empowering innovative, high-growth business in Kenya for sustained and significant increase in revenue, job creation and positive community impact in a post-COVID World.
The NINJA Accelerator in Kenya is JICA’s first acceleration program in Africa and aims at empowering Kenya’s high-growth post-revenue ventures with strategic partnerships, mentorships, and access to investments for enhanced business growth and continued social development in the country.
Pre-Series-A businesses with stronger founders and senior leadership team, capable of – and committed to – an accelerated scale-up process and willing to accept larger investments and strategic partners. Businesses should have an initial proof of product-market fit and sustained revenue for a minimum of 12 months
What sectors is the NINJA Accelerator interested in?
Cohort 2 is sector agnostic.
For this cohort, we are looking for 5 high-potential ventures that are:
- For profit, post product, post revenue business with minimum of 6 months sustained revenue
- With an office and operations based in Kenya
- Led by a dedicated FULL-TIME founding team
- Minimum of 2 years of existence, but not greater than 5 years
- At a stage to raise Late Seed or Pre-Series A funding rounds
- With a Founding Team committed to fully participate in ALL program activities
- The business model and/or product/service must be tech-enabled
At a stage to raise series A or higher investment
Founding team committed to fully participate in all the program activities
Number of Awards:
How to Apply for the NINJA Accelerator: APPLY NOW
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.