York University President’s International Scholarship of Excellence: York University is offering full-tuition scholarships to outstanding international students wishing to undertake Bachelor studies at the University for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Application Deadline: 1st February, 2023
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Canada
Field of Study: Candidate must apply to the following faculties: Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Environmental Studies; Education; Glendon; Health; Lassonde School of Engineering; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Science; or the Schulich School of Business.
Eligibility: To be considered for the York University President’s International Scholarship of Excellence, candidate must:
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2023
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Must be nominated by their high school (schools may nominate one student only)
- The nominated student will be considered for the York University President’s International Scholarship of Excellence, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Candidates must speak to their school guidance counsellor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application, and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated
- The candidate must then provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number of the nominator in the application form
- Must upload one letter of recommendation
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile), by February 1, 2023 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
- Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by February 1, 2023 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
- Highest academic average
- Leadership and demonstrated skills
- To renew – must have a high academic standing (7.80 on a 9-point York scale) in each academic year at York
- By submitting this application, you will also be considered for the other available international scholarships requiring an application.
Number of Awardees: 20
Value of York University President’s International Scholarship of Excellence: $45,000 x 4 years
Duration of Scholarship: 4 years
How to Apply for York University President’s International Scholarship of Excellence: Apply via the online application form (https://futurestudents.yorku.ca/financialsupport). Minimum ‘A’ average or equivalent (York factor 8 or 9) required to be considered. Application form consists of a personal statement from applicant (500 words or less), financial profile, list of activities and volunteer experiences and two letters of reference one of which must be academic.