Chinese Government Scholarship China-Africa Friendship Program 2021 – Wuhan University
Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students from African Countries for six month general studies in China. Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit students.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2021
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): China
Field(s) of Study: The scholarship only supports full-time graduate students. It supports master’s students for no more than three years, or doctoral students for no more than four years. Duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, is as specified in the Admission Letter. The followings are majors available. Further notice will be given if there were any changes (SEE BELOW)
Type: Masters, PhD
1. Applicants with African countries’ nationalities and in good health.
2. Applicants who apply for a master degree should be under 35 years old and possess a bachelor degree. Applicants who apply for a Ph. D degree should be under 40 years old and possess a master degree.
3. Applicants for English-medium programs should provide score report of English Language test. TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5. Applicants who took English-medium program in previous school but could not provide the above mentioned standard English test result should provide extra supporting documents issued by previous school and take additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University.
Applicants from English-speaking country where English is the official language could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
4. Applicants applying for Chinese-medium programs should provide at least HSK level 4 certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test). Applicants who passed HSK level 5 or above can directly proceed to the major study, those who have not reached HSK level 5 can apply for one-year Chinese language training courses, and then proceed to the degree study after meeting the requirement.
Applicants whose native language is Chinese or able to provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test waiver after the approval of Wuhan University.
5. Applicants who do not obtain other scholarship for new students.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Tuition waiver;
- Accommodation(700RMB/per month);
- Living allowance: ( 3000RMB/per month);
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Duration of Award:
- Masters: 3 years
- PhD: 4 years
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.