Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship 2021 for African PhD Students – University of Ghana
The University of Ghana, Legon, is pleased to receive applications from members of the University community for a grant from the Gerda Henkel Foundation of Germany to support the training of PhD students in the Humanities under a project titled Enhancing Doctoral Training in the Humanities in West Africa.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2020
Eligible Countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso and Senegal
To be Taken at (Country): University of Ghana, Ghana
About the Award: The University of Ghana has received a grant from the Gerda Henkel Foundation of Germany to support the training of PhD students in the Humanities under a project titled Enhancing Doctoral
Training in the Humanities in West Africa. Under the project, the University of Ghana will be the sub-regional hub for the training of PhD scholars in the historical humanities (History, Archaeology, Historical Islamic Studies, Art History, Philosophy, History of Law, History of Science, Prehistory and Early History, Classics and other disciplines with historical component).
- Applicant must have successfully completed a Master’s degree in any of the disciplines listed above, or in a related field.
- Should have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate motivation and commitment to pursue an academic career.
- Has thorough knowledge of the language of instruction (English)
- Applicant must be a national or permanent resident of one of the following West African countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso and Senegal
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The project will fund the tuition, accommodation, research, stipend and airfare of international students for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Duration of Award: 3 years
How to Apply:
- Graduate and Undergraduate Certificates
- Graduate and Undergraduate Transcripts
- One-pagemotivation statement
- PhD research proposal of not more than 3 pages (of 1.5 line spaced minimum) clearly outlining the background, objectives, scope and methodology for applicant’s research.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- Copy of applicant’s passport or national ID card
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.