Study in Sweden: Linnaeus University Scholarships 2022/2023 for International Students
Each year Linnaeus University offers scholarships to outstanding students from countries outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland through the programme ‘Linnaeus University Scholarships’.
Application Deadline: Application opens in February, 2022
You must have applied for a master programme at Linnaeus University via www.universityadmissions.se, before January 15 AND have sent/ uploaded all required documents before February 1.
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): Sweden
About the Award: Scholarships are available for students who study master programmes as well as for students who are studying courses within the Summer Academy. It’s possible to get up to 100 percent reduction of the tuition fees for a full programme. Scholarships for students who study programmes will not cover living costs or other costs. Scholarships for courses within the Summer Academy will, however, cover both tuition fee and living costs.
Type: Masters, Short course (summer academy)
Eligibility: Linnaeus University Scholarships are for students who:
- are from a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland
- have applied for a master programme at Linnaeus University via www.universityadmissions.se, before January 15 AND have sent/ uploaded all required documents before February 1.
- have chosen Linnaeus University as their first choice on their application on www.universityadmissions.se
- have filled out the application form before the deadline of the application.
Selection Criteria: Linnaeus University’s decision to award scholarships will primarily be based on the students’ academic merits. Usually this is based on the CGPA, but the ranking of the previous university and the students’ proficiency in English will also be considered. Linnaeus University also favors an even distribution of students when it comes to country of origin and gender.
Number of Awards: Limited
Value & Duration of Award: Up to 75% reduction of the tuition fees for the rest of the programme. The scholarships is initially granted for one semester, but will automatically be extended for the duration of the study program (2 up to 4 semesters), provided that study results are satisfactory.
How to Apply:
All students who have applied for a Linnaeus University masterprogramme on www.universityadmissions.se as their first choice will get an email with information on how to apply for the scholarship along with a link to the application form. Make sure to check your junk mail/spam folder. The email will be sent out in the beginning of February.
The deadline for the application is February 18, 2021, 13.00 (1.00 PM CET). Remember that it is important to fully complete your application on www.universityadmissions.se and to submit the application form in order to qualify for our scholarship. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please see the information below about what steps that need to be taken in order to apply for a Linnaeus University scholarship.
How to apply
1. Make your programme application at www.universityadmissions.se by January 15th. You have to choose Linnaeus University as your first choice.
2. Fill out the Scholarship application form along with the required documents, which are listed below before the deadline that is mentioned above.
We need the following documents from you:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
The motivation letter should contain a maximum of 600 words. Please answer the following questions in your motivation letter:
- Why do you want to study this programme at Linnaeus University?
- What other qualities do you have besides academic excellence?
- What are your career aspirations?