Enter! Carnegie Council International Student/Teacher Essay Contest 2016
Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs announces its eighth annual International Essay Contest, open to teachers and students anywhere in the world. As part of Carnegie Council’s Ethics for a Connected World project, thought leaders are asked to answer a series of questions about the greatest ethical challenges facing the planet.
Whether you choose to express yourself in words or in photos, we’re looking for thoughtfulness, originality, and vision.
Entry Deadline: 31st December, 2016
International Student/Teacher Essay Contest, 2016: Nationalism
Is nationalism an asset or hindrance in today’s globalized world?
Nationalism as used here is a broad term and can be viewed in terms of patriotism, economic nationalism, national identity that holds a diverse country together, nativism, or any other logical way you think fit, as long as you define it clearly.
International Student Photo Contest, 2016: Cities/Urbanization
Across the world, there is an ongoing mass migration from the countryside to the cities. Please submit photos that depict urbanization and city life, showing either the advantages or the drawbacks.
- Style: Op-ed style (not academic, footnoted papers)
- Length: 1,000 to 1,500 words
- Format: Word document, or email. English language entries only.
- Limit: One entry per person.
- This competition is open to teachers and students of all nationalities.
- All teachers, at whatever level, are eligible.
- All students, from high school students through graduate students, are eligible.
- Non-students are automatically disqualified. The minimum age is 13.
- Previous winners and honorable mentions are not eligible.
Collaborative essays between students and teachers are welcome.
The essays are judged in three categories: teachers and graduate students; undergraduate students; and high school students.
- 1st prize: $250 Amazon Gift Certificate
- 2nd prize: $150 Amazon Gift Certificate
- 3rd prize: $75 Amazon Gift Certificate
- 1st prize: $200 Amazon Gift Certificate
- 2nd prize (two): $100 Amazon Gift Certificate
- Winning photos may be posted on other Carnegie Council websites.
How to Enter:
- International Student/Teacher Essay Contest, 2016: Application Instructions
- International Student Photo Contest, 2016: Application Instructions
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them
Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries For Doctors
How to Create Good Study Habits for Exams – In 10 Proven Ways