Geneva Academy Master in Transitional Justice Scholarships Program 2022/2023 – Switzerland
Applications for Geneva Academy Master 2022–2023 academic year of our Master of Advanced Studies in Transitional Justice, Human Rights and the Rule of Law (MTJ) are open!
Application Deadline: 28th January 2022
Eligible Countries: Non-western countries.
Applicants from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and Western Europe cannot be considered for a full scholarship.
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
About the Geneva Academy Master in Transitional Justice Scholarships Program: Our MTJ is a one-year full-time postgraduate degree (60 ECTS) designed for highly qualified and open-minded candidates interested in acquiring high-level academic education and practice in the field of transitional justice, human rights and the rule of law.
One of the very few programmes on this subject worldwide, its cross-disciplinary approach combines legal, political, historical, anthropological, philosophical and field perspectives and promotes both academic excellence and independent critical thinking.
Eligibility: Candidates for Geneva Academy Master in Transitional Justice Scholarships Program must have:
- A full degree in law enabling the applicant to sit the bar exam in the relevant country; or another degree if the applicant has a significant amount of training in public international law and courses related to our programme (e.g. international human rights law, international humanitarian law, international criminal law)
- A strong academic record
- A demonstrable interest in the subject matter of the programme (e.g. professional experience, internships, summer school, conferences attended, publications, etc.)
- A sound command of English. You must be able to show, via a recognized test, that your English is of a high enough standard to successfully engage with and complete your course at the Geneva Academy. This requirement does not apply if (1) your mother tongue is English; (2) you have taken an English-taught bachelor’s or master’s degree; (3) you have at least two years’ professional or academic experience in an English-speaking environment
- A passive knowledge of French is an asset as students might have to attend conferences and class presentations in French
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Geneva Academy Master in Transitional Justice Scholarships Program: We offer partial and full scholarships for our LLM. Partial scholarships cover tuition fees. Full scholarships cover tuition fees and living expenses in Geneva for 10 months.
Duration of Programme: 10 months
How to Apply for Geneva Academy Master in Transitional Justice Scholarships Program:
- Scholarship requests must be submitted with the candidate’s application. When applying, you must choose between two tracks: application with scholarship (partial or full) or application without scholarship. If you apply to both tracks, your application will be considered under the non-scholarship track.
- It is important to go through admission application requirements before applying.