Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) Masters Scholarships 2021/2022 for International Students – Erasmus Mundus
This two-year MSc in Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) prepares qualified graduates to deal with the complex aspects of contemporary tropical forestry. It also includes short course for visiting lecturers.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2021
Eligible Countries: Partner countries
To be taken at (country): The SUTROFOR MSc Course is organised by a Consortium which includes five of the best European universities within the field of forest and nature management:
- University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science, Department of Food and Resource Economics, Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Bangor University, School of the Environment and Natural Resources, Bangor (UK)
- Dresden University of Technology, Institute of International Forestry and Forest Products, Tharandt (Germany)
- AgroParisTech, Paris Institute of Technology for Life, Food and Environmental Sciences, Montpellier (France)
- University of Padova, TESAF Department, School of Agriculture, Padova (Italy)
The SUTROFOR Consortium also includes the following non-European associate partners: Tribhuvan University in Nepal, Sokoine University of Agriculture in Tanzania, Centro Agronómico Tropical de Investigación y Enseñanza in Costa Rica and Makerere University, Uganda.
About the Award: SUTROFOR is part of the Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Programme initiated by the European Union. The Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Programme is a co-operation and mobility programme in the field of higher education that aims to enhance the quality of European higher education and promote intercultural understanding.
The SUTROFOR Erasmus scholarship Programme is divided into two:
- Erasmus Mundus student scholarship: For eligible master students (degree).
- Erasmus Mundus scholar scholarship: for visiting academics (short stay)
Type: Masters, Short course
Erasmus Mundus student scholarship
These scholarships can be awarded to masters students from all countries other than the EU member states and EEA/EFTA states: Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway. Furthermore, you must comply with a 12 months rule: i.e you must not be a resident nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries.
To be eligible for evaluation your application for a student scholarship must include a certificate – i.e. an official document – verifying your place of residence.
Scholarships for Visiting Lecturers (scholars)
The SUTROFOR programme supports visiting scholars staying at one of the partner universities for a period of 1-3 weeks. The weekly living allowance including travel costs is 1.200 EUR.
Scholars must be established researchers and teachers. During their stay with one or more SUTROFOR partner universities they will carry out research and teaching activities, for example by contributing to established courses, temporary seminars/workshops or with supervision of students.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Contribution to the travel and installation costs
- Contribution to subsistence costs
Duration of Programme:
- Degree Program: 2 years
- Visiting Scholars: 1-3 months
How to Apply:
- Degree Program: It is important to go through the Admission requirements and Application procedure before applying
- Visiting Scholars: Download the application form