African App Launchpad Cup 2022 for African Game/App Developers
African App Launchpad Cup 2022 Competition for African Startups on App and Game Development
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021
Egyptian Ministry of Communications and Information Technology alongside ITIDA have announced the launch of the African App Launchpad Cup (3rd edition) in cooperation with IBM and registration is open for early-stage startups and entrepreneurs to end-October.
The competition will be executed by the Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center – an affiliate of ITIDA and an integral part of the “African App Launchpad” presidential initiative developing the skills and abilities of over 10,000 African youth in addition to providing support to 100 African startups in the field of digital applications and game development.
The competition has two tracks; application development and game development with prize money awards of up to $72,000 presented by MCIT. As the third and final edition of this competition, the event has successfully trained thousands of African youth in turn offering support to 75 startups drawn from 22 African countries.
Globaltech giant IBM will help startup companies and next-generation developer communities gain access to a wide range of IBM innovations on Data & AI accompanied by IBM’s hybrid cloud strategy. This will inspire creative talents, differentiated solutions, and accelerate their time-to-market. IBM will also participate in the judging panel that identifies the best performing participants and presenting the winners with support services and technical consultation.
- Eligible Africa Countries: Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo and Uganda.
- Apply as Teams or Startups up to 2 Years Old
- Team Size not Less than 2 Members
- A Working Prototype at least is a Must
Selection Criteria: The submitted applications as well as pitching will be judged on the 4 following areas
- Innovation Originality/Creativity
- Business Model
- Art and/or Design of the Game/App
- Team Competencies.
To be Taken at: Online
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of African App Launchpad Cup:
- $72k Total Cash Prizes for Winners
- Business planning training by GrindStone
- Acceleration Program by Microsoft through THINKROOM
- Access to VCs for top winning startups
How to Apply for African App Launchpad Cup: Register
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.