American University Washington Human Rights Essay Award 2022 (Fully-funded to Washington D.C. USA)
American University Washington Human Rights Essay Award 2022: The Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law at American University Washington College of Law is proud to request the submission of papers for the Human Rights Essay Award.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2022 at 11:59 PM (EST).
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): USA
About the Award: The Human Rights Essay Award is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy that seeks to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law.
Essay Award Topic for 2022: CLIMATE CHANGE AND HUMAN RIGHTS: IMPACTS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND OPPORTUNITIES tes of Emergency: Unexpected Crisis and New Challenges
- This Awards is open to all lawyers around the world regardless of their nationality!
- ONLY participants with a law degree Juris Doctor, (J.D.), Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) o equivalent by the submission due date are eligible to enter the competition.
- Shall have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
- Have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the 2022 topic: ¨Climate Change and Human Rights: Impacts, Responsibilities, and Opportunities. ¨
- Shall remember the essay must be an academic article with proper citations.
Number of Awards: The Academy will grant two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish.
Value of Award: The Award in each case will consist of:
- A full scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options
- Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C.
- Housing at the university dorms
- Per diem for living expenses
- The best articles may also be published in the American University International Law Review
How to Apply: ESSAY SUBMISSION
It is important to go through Essay regulations before submitting.