AAI One World Scholarship Programme in Austria 2020/2021 for Developing Countries
The AAI Salzburg grants scholarships to students from developing countries.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2020
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Austria
About the Award: The One-World-Scholarship-Programme is a partial scholarship aimed at students from Africa, Asia and Latin America who have come to Austria on their own initiative, in order to complete their education.
Prospective awardees are required to focus on questions related to development in their studies and research.
Field of Study: Possible fields of specialisation are poverty reduction, social justice, global migrations, gender equality, climate change, sustainable use of resources, food security, renewable energies, environmental protection, sustainable tourism, urbanisation, health, human rights, democratisation, good governance, fighting corruption, conflict prevention and resolution, international relations, intercultural dialogue. This list should provide applicants with an idea of relevant topics, it is, however, not exclusive.
Type: Masters, PhD
- nationality of a non-European developing country (country list)
- admission to a Master or PhD programme at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein)
- for PhD students: approved disposition
- age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- residence permit “student”
The scholarship will contribute to exercise the right to education for those critical and intellectual young people who encounter poor conditions in their home countries. These aspects still apply more strongly to women. Regarding applications from equally qualified individuals, priority is given to female students.
- Financial need: We consider own income, savings, other means of support, profession and income of parents in order to select students who would hardly be able to successfully finish their studies without financial support.
- Evidence of good progress in studies: Good study progress documented by transcript of records of current and past studies. In programmes without entry exams, students who have already completed at least one semester at an Austrian university have a distinctive advantage.
- Interest in development and according specialisation in studies: Prospective awardees are expected to show a strong interest in development related issues, which is supposed to be reflected in the choice of study fields, prior work experience, voluntary activities etc.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Partial grants.
No scholarships are awarded for:
- studies at private universities
- postgraduate study programmes (“Lehrgänge”, e.g. “Universitätslehrgang” or “Fachhochschullehrgang”) or other non-degree certificate programmes
- applicants with a residence title other than “student”
- non-degree programme students („außerordentliche Studierende“)
- short term visits and exchange programmes
How to Apply:
- Please send your complete application documents to [email protected] using a free data transfer such as wetransfer or sendspace
- After your application has been reviewed, you will be invited for an interview (in person or via skype)
- The decision is taken by the scholarship committee in mid August. You will be informed about the decision shortly after.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat
How Africa Went from 0 to 69,000 COVID 19 Cases (15 Feb to 12 May 2020)