Standard Chartered Bank/iBizAfrica Women-in-Tech Incubator Program 2020 for Kenyan Women Entrepreneurs
iBizAfrica in partnership with Standard Chartered KE is currently accepting applications for women-led startups using technology to drive their business.
Application Deadline: 13th December 2020
About the Award: The Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya is Africa’s leading incubator programme for female founded businesses, aligning with calls for more diversity in technology, entrepreneurship and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence. The program is an initiative of Standard Chartered in partnership with @iBizAfrica Centre, Strathmore University.
1. Must be based in Kenya
2. Must be innovation driven, leveraging on technology and new business models.
3. Must be a female founded business i.e The female founder must have a majority stake in the company.
4. Business models must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the sustainable development goals.
5. Must have been operational for more than 3 months
6. Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development.
7. Pre-revenue with early traction (users). Post revenue is an added advantage.
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be Taken at (Country): Kenya
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
1. Opportunity to acquire seed financing of 10,000 USD for high potential businesses ONLY
2. 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience
3. Access to a leading network of experts across a vast array of sectors
4. Access to B2B matching opportunities
5. Personalized mentorship and coaching sessions to address your unique business needs
6. Opportunity to join a supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network
You will learn the following:
1.Prototyping and MVP Development
2.Investor Preparedness and Deal Structuring
4.Customer Discovery and Validation
7.Financial Modelling and Management
8.Sales and Marketing
9.Intellectual Property, Legal Processes and Structures
Duration of Award:
- The program is starting on 20th January 2021
- The incubation period is 12 weeks
How to Apply: The application form can be accessed here Here
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.