UNU-EHS Fully-funded Scholarships 2022/2023 for Students from Developing Countries – Germany
The UNU-EHS – University of Bonn and the United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security are delighted to announce that thanks to support from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) they will be offering a number fully funded scholarships to students from developing countries for the Joint of Science (M.Sc.) programme “Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security.”
Application Deadline: 15th December 2021, at 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Germany
About UNU-EHS Award: From 2017 onwards, the Joint Master’s Programme is part of a selected group of international postgraduate programmes that benefits from the EPOS funding scheme offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The joint M.Sc. programme provides postgraduate students with detailed knowledge, critical understanding, strategies and the tools required to take an interdisciplinary approach towards environmental risks and human security. It is the third study programme in Bonn to be admitted to the DAAD funding scheme, in addition to the ZEF Doctoral Studies programme and the ARTS study programme offered by the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Bonn.
This Master’s programme is the output of the fruitful collaboration between the University of Bonn Department of Geography and the United Nations University. It is a substantial contribution to the internationalization of the University of Bonn and is supported by the German agency, DAAD.
Eligibility: Eligible candidates should fulfill the following requirements in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s programme:
- Being a candidate from a “Developing Country” (according to the classification of the DAAD)
- Having at least two years of practical work experience (e.g. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector) in a field related to the study programme
- Having graduated from the Bachelor no longer than five years ago
- Having completed no other Master in a similar field of studies
- Aiming at a career as a practitioner in a field related to the programme of study
Number of Awardees: Not specified (8 in previous year)
Value of UNU-EHS Scholarship: Successful applicants will be funded to cover all expenses directly related to the study programme as well as their cost of living in Bonn.
Duration of UNU-EHS Scholarship: 24 months
How to Apply for UNU-EHS Scholarship:
- Students wishing to be considered for these scholarships need to apply for the programme as well by filling the applications forms for the DAAD; acceptance to the former does not guarantee acceptance to the latter.
- The selection process for the EPOS funding among shortlisted candidates will happen between February and April each year.
- Candidates that do not fulfill the EPOS requirements but wish to benefit from financial support during their studies are invited to apply individually and early to other available funding programmes in Germany.