Federal Government Scholarship 2021/2022 for Nigerian Undergraduate, Masters and PhD for Study Overseas (Bilateral Educational Agreement)
The Federal Scholarship Board by the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria is now offering the 2021/2022 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study Overseas.
Application Deadline: 16th November 2020 by 11:59 PM
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be Taken at:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
About the Federal Scholarship: The Honourable Minister of Education, is hereby inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2021/2022 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for:
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
Type: The Awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2021 & 2022) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
Number of Scholarships: Several
What are the benefits?
- The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of supplement, warm clothing, health insurance, research grant where applicable and take off.
How long will the Scholarship last? The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
How to Apply: Apply here
Application forms are completed online as follows:
Complete form online
Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates
- Data page of current International Passport
- Specified medical reports from Government hospitals
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Police clearance certificates where necessary
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS:
i) Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
ARC SONNY T. ECHONO, fnia
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION