Queen Mary University of London Chevening Awards 2021/2022 for International Students
Chevening Scholarships at Queen Mary University of London are available for students from almost all nationalities except those from the EU or USA.
Application Deadline: 3rd November 2020
About the Award: Queen Mary works closely with the Chevening – the UK government’s international scheme aimed at developing global leaders – to provide a large number of full scholarships for study on our one-year Masters courses.
Every year we host a large cohort of the 1900 Chevening Scholars who come to study at universities all over the UK. Generally we welcome around 90 scholars each year but there is no cap on this number.
Our Chevening Scholars play an active role in our lively and diverse student community and are invited to attend our annual International Scholars Reception, as well as a variety of other scholarship events throughout the year. Chevening are publishing lots of useful tips and videos to help you with your application on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/cheveningfco/
Eligible Field(s): Any full-time 1-yr Master’s course.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep. of, Congo, Rep. of, Costa Rica, Cote D’ivoire (Ivory Coast), Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, North Korea, South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, State of, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The Falkland Islands, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
To be Taken at (Country): UK
Number of Awards: Unlimited number at Queen Mary (around 1900 across UK)
Value of Award: Full tuition fees, living costs and flights.
Duration of Award: 1 year
How to Apply:
- Applications for all scholarships must be made directly to the Chevening: full details on how to apply are available on the Chevening’s webpages.
- All 12 month full-time Masters courses are eligible for this award. Those starting in January or lasting longer than 12 months are not eligible. Online course are not eligible.
- Candidates should also apply for their chosen Masters programme at QMUL through our online portal in the normal way.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply to Queen Mary before February to ensure that their application can be processed in a time to meet the Chevening’s deadline for the confirmation of their unconditional university offer in July 2021.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.