D-Prize Contest for Medical Oxygen Maintenance in Sub-Saharan African Countries ($20,000 Prize) 2020
Can you provide maintenance for oxygen concentrators in rural and peri-urban Sub-Saharan African health clinics and hospitals? Apply then!
Application Deadline: 18th October 2020
- Early Submission Deadline: October 18th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: November 8th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 200 people who register): November 29th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
Register for an extension.
About the Award: Half the world lacks access to medical oxygen – a basic and critical treatment for numerous ailments. Oxygen concentrators are machines that produce medical oxygen in low-resource settings and are being distributed at a large scale – yet without maintenance, many will soon be at risk of breaking down. Can you develop a team of technicians to service existing oxygen concentrators? D-Prize will award up to $20,000 to help teams launch an initial three-month pilot of this idea.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- We will consider funding existing organizations only if: you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you need high risk capital.
Eligible Countries: Any
Number of Awards: Top 1-2%
Value of Award: D-Prize will award up to $20,000 to help teams launch an initial three-month pilot of this idea.
How to Apply: Apply below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.