McKinsey&Company Young Leadership Program (YLP) 2021 for Young Africans
Applications for McKinsey&Company Young Leadership Program (YLP) are now open for young Africans to experience McKinsey&Company in Kenya & the Africa Delivery Hub in Ethiopia.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
To be taken at (country): Kenya, Ethiopia
About the Award: McKinsey&Company Young Leadership Program -Ethiopia
You’ll work in our Addis Ababa office as part of the Young Leaders Programme for the Africa Delivery Hub (ADH). McKinsey’s Africa Delivery Hub helps governments and social-sector institutions to address complex public and social challenges. Our purpose is to drive significant, tangible, and lasting improvements in service delivery to African citizens. We work to support high-performing schools, effective health systems, improved infrastructure, reliable power supplies, efficient food production, increased investment, and economic growth.
The Young Leaders Program (YLP) is a two year full time consulting program that develops exceptional young local talent into real leaders. You’ll work in teams of typically 3-5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of the client engagement. At the end of the program, high-performing Fellows progress into a PSS Analyst role in ADH.
Fellow – Young Leadership Programme
You’ll be based in our Nairobi office and may also have an opportunity to work in other offices across Africa.The Young Leadership Programme (YLP) is a two-year full-time consulting program that develops exceptional young local Kenyan talent into real leaders.You’ll work as part of a client project team, collaborating with colleagues and clients to solve their toughest business problems. At the end of the program, high-performing fellows progress into a business analyst role.
- Academic degree
- Fewer than 2 years of continuous work experience in any industry
- Great potential in leadership, problem solving and entrepreneurial drive
Value of McKinsey&Company Young Leadership Program:
- You’ll collaborate with colleagues and clients to solve their toughest business problems. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management, and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
- In this role you will gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm.
- Young Leaders receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or the practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as formal training in your 2- 3 years.
- Additionally, you’ll receive guidance and support from your local office in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
Award Provider: McKinsey&Company