DAAD Doctoral Scholarships for Ghanaian PhD Students 2018/2019
The Ghana Scholarships Secretariat in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering a jointly funded scholarship to obtain a PhD degree at a German university or research institute for all subject areas.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Ghana
To be taken at (country): Germany
About the Award: The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Scholarships Secretariat is inviting applications from Ghanaian students to pursue doctoral training programme.
- Must be a Ghanaian citizen resident in Ghana.
- Must be a teaching staff of a Public or accredited private Tertiary University or Polytechnic.
- Be a first Degree holder with 2nd Class Upper division or First Class
- Must hold Masters degree equivalent to B+ grade or above
- Should have a National Service certificate
- The Masters degree generally should not be more than six (6) years at the last time of graduation.
- Should not be more than 45 years
- Should be willing to learn the German Language
Number of Awardees: Not stated
Value of Scholarship: These grants are normally offered within the scope of:
- Full Scholarship for the duration of the Phd studies (max. 45 months)
- Preparatory German Language course of 6 months
- Travel costs
- Annual study and research allowance
- Full Health, personal liability and accident insurance cover
- Further individual allowances on application
Duration of Scholarship: 3 Years
How to Apply: The candidates shall submit a complete application consisting of:
- Application Form
- CV (Europass template:https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents.curriculum-vitae)
Abstract of the research proposal (max. 10 pages) including a detailed work and time table
- Two academic reference letters from university professors
- Invitation letter from the German Supervisor OR admission letter for a PhD degree programme
- Certificates of all academic degrees with a Master’s of at least B+ or equivalent
Interested applicants should submit their applications and the above mentioned requirements to the address indicated below not later than 31st October, 2018.
P. O. BOX M. 75
Award Provider: DAAD, Ghana Ministry of Education
Important Notes: Please NOTE that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.