$42,000 Facebook Fellowship Program 2022/2023 for PhD Students
Facebook Fellowship Program is open to full-time PhD students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system architecture, or a related area.
20th September 2021 11:59pm PST
To be taken at (country):
Any country (excluding US embargoed countries)
- Computational Social Science
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Computer Vision
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Research Outside of the Above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
About the Facebook Fellowship:
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. We also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of paid tuition and fees, a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs, a paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit, and various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers.
Giving people the power to share and connect requires constant innovation. At Facebook, research permeates everything we do. We believe the most interesting research questions are derived from real-world problems. Our engineers work on cutting edge research with a practical focus and push product boundaries every day. We believe that close relationships with the academic community will enable us to address many of these problems at a fundamental level and solve them.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2021)
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below)
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher. If in doubt, please email [email protected].
Number of Awards:
Value of the Facebook Fellowship:
Each Facebook Fellowship includes several benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years).
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- Paid visit to Facebook HQ to present research.
As part of the program, current Fellows are invited to Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park for the annual Fellowship Summit. At the Summit, Fellows can engage with other winners, share their current research, speak with Facebook researchers and teams, and learn more about research at Facebook.
Duration of Award:
Facebook Fellowship Award to cover two years!
How to Apply for the Facebook Fellowship:
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships below)
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
AI System HW SW Co-Design
AR/VR Computer Graphics
AR/VR Future Technologies
AR/VR Human Computer Interaction
AR/VR Human Understanding
AR/VR Perception, Cognition & Action
AR/VR Photonics and Optics
Augmented Reality Audio
Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
Computational Social Science
Economics and Computation
Privacy and Data Use
Security and Privacy
The Application is now live. Go to the Site and enter your information.