South–North PhD Sandwich Scholarship for PhD Students from Developing Countries, Germany 2013
Scholarship Name: South–North PhD Sandwich Scholarship 2013
The Food Security Center (FSC) of University of Hohenheim funds and offers South – North PhD Sandwich Scholarship for visiting PhD students from developing countries in the field of Food security, Germany 2013
Accepted Subject Areas?
Food security courses
The Food Security Center (FSC) is a university center of excellence in development collaboration at the University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany. FSC is one of five excellence centers of the pro-gram “exceed – Higher Education Excellence in Development Cooperation”, which is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds of the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) of Germany. FSC’s mission is to make effective and innovative scientific contributions in research, teaching, and policy advice to eradicate hunger and achieve food security in collaboration with partner research and education organizations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America and national and international development and research organizations.
Scholarship Offered Since:
Full PhD Scholarship
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- Quality of proposal and project feasibility.
- Be able to conduct innovative research.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- Be able and willing to work well in an interdisciplinary, multicultural environment with individuals from different scientific, societal and cultural backgrounds and with organizations from the public, private and civil society sector.
- Be available for the entire period of the research stay of 4 months in 2013.
- Be a national of a developing country according to OECD DAC list.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Must be a phD holder in agricultural, nutritional, natural, social, economic , political sciences, or food security related issues.
- Must be excellent in oral and written English.
How Many Scholarship Positions are available? Several
What are the benefits?
- The Monthly grant :
- EUR 500 for junior postdoctoral researchers
- EUR 700 for senior postdoctoral researchers.
- Travel costs to/from the positions’ location will be covered.
- Health insurance and other costs must be paid for from the stipend
How long will sponsorship last?
Scholarship Open for Students from Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Germany
What time of year does Application Close?
The deadline for the application is September 29, 2012
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
The applicant must provide proof of:
- PhD degree in agricultural, nutritional, natural, social, economic or political sciences, or related disciplines with specification on food security related issues.
- last academic degree completed no more than 6 years prior to start of scholarship
Track record of knowledge in the proposed field of study.
- Plan to return to his/her home country / country of residence and institute.
- Excellent proficiency in oral and written English.
application form can be down-loaded from.
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
Sponsor: The Food Security Center (FSC) of the University of Hohenheim
FSC will confirm the receipt of all (complete) applications (i.e., if an application is not complete or not in the described format, FSC will not consider it and will not confirm receipt of the application).
The selected applicants will be contacted no later than December 22, 2012. Please be aware that FSC will contact only successful candidates.