The NDC Financing Fellowship Programme (NDC-FFP) 2020 for Exceptional Africans
The NDC Financing Fellowship Programme (NDC-FFP) is now open for applications!
Application Deadline: 31st July 2020 (11:59 pm CEST).
Eligible Countries: Sub Saharan African countries
To Be Taken at (country): Online
About the Award: Nationally determined contributions (NDCs) are central to achieving the long-term goals of the Paris Agreement. NDCs embody each country’s efforts to address climate change. NDC-FFP, funded by the International Development Research Institute (IDRC), supports, promotes and trains exceptional individuals from policy and research who are interested in further:
- enhancing their knowledge and skills on financing NDCs,
- to build leadership in NDC finance for enhanced sharing of knowledge and good practices,
- contributing to webinars, blogs, publications, reports and journal articles on NDC finance,
- continuous online discussions, network opportunities and access to international professional networks of peers and leaders in climate change and finance.
- Promote dialogue and peer learning among researchers and policymakers on best practices on NDC financing
Type: Short course
Eligibility: NDC-FFP supports, promotes and trains exceptional citizen or individuals working from Sub-Saharan Africa (applications from English- or French-speaking Lusophone candidates are also welcomed) from research and policy. For the first cohort, applicants should be proficient in English (both written and oral).
Number of Awards: 50
Value of Award: Fellows are offered on-site and online training, webinars, workshops, and events in Frankfurt (Germany) and Nairobi (Kenya). The programme aims to empower the participants to learn about different ways to finance commitments mentioned in the submitted NDCs, to meet and exchange with other fellows and exchange with policy experts and researchers working in the field of NDC finance.
- Up to 50 scholarships for a six-months e-learning certification course on Financing NDCs (Certified Expert in Financing NDCs)
- Best performing 20 candidates qualify for further training and workshops during on-site events on emerging topics and leadership skills in Frankfurt and Nairobi.
- 2-months internship for one researcher per cohort
- Guidance by internationally recognised trainers and experts in NDC finance
- Regular dialogue sessions and peer learning thorugh the Africa Research and Impact Network (ARIN) webinars
Duration of Programme: The fellowship programme is divided into two cohorts, the first in English (September 2020 – August 2021) and the second in French (March 2021 – February 2022). In June 2022, there will be a joint final Summit.
How to Apply: Your application must be submitted online using the NDC-FFP application form (please find the links below). Only complete applications in English will be considered and consist of the following:
- Filled online application form in the English language
- Curriculum vitae of not more than 5 pages listing experiences and publications where necessary
- Certificates and letters of reference (of scholarships, employment etc.)
- Copy of valid passport
- Letter of secondment (if necessary)
- Motivation statement indicating your interest in the programme and commitment to take responsibility and to stay with the programme.
Additionally for Research track: Research Proposal submitted under one of the four topics, including a description of your research questions, conceptual framework, methodology, expected contribution, timeline and budget (*Please use the provided research proposal template only and read carefully the questions and instructions. You can download the template after the registration through the link below).
The application deadline is July 31st, 2020 (11:59 pm CET).
Applications will be assessed by an experienced team of international experts in climate finance. Candidates might be interviewed via Skype or phone by a member of the selection committee. The results of the NDC-FFP selection process will be communicated via email in August 2020.You can download here the Application Guidelines. They will help you for succesfully submitting your application.
*Please have a look at the Terms and Conditions of the NDC-FFP before starting with your application.