Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2021(TAAF2021) calls for feature and short animated films with high potential and strong messages from all over the world.
- 31st October, 2020 for Short Animation
- 10th November, 2020 for Feature Animation
Eligible Countries: Any
To Be Taken at: Ikebukuro, Tokyo
About the Award: Our aim is to screen high-quality animated films superior in originality, provide opportunities to inspire audience as well as creators, cultivate new talents, and contribute in the development and promotion of animation cultures and industry.
- Feature Animation (60 min. or longer)
- Short Animation (less than 30 min. )
- The film must have been completed on, or after, January 1, 2019 (regardless of country of origin, and whether it is professional, amateur or student work).
- The film that has been theatrically released, broadcast, or distributed for profit in Japan for a certain period prior to March 11, 2021 is not eligible for the Competition (such film would qualify under the “Anime of the Year” category). Screening at film festivals and previews are not considered “for-profit” herein.
- The film that has been nominated to TAAF in the past will not be accepted.
- No submission fee is required.
- Once submissions have closed, the Preliminary Selection Committee will select the nominees for the final judging. The result of the selection process will be communicated to successful applicants, and the list of nominated films will be posted on the TAAF2021 official website.
- The screening material should be either of the following:
- Apple ProRes (1920 x 1080 pix.) or DCP(for Feature Animation)
- The nominated films will be publicly screened at designated theaters during the festival period in Tokyo, during which time final judging will be conducted by the Competition Jury.
- The screening schedule will be announced after the preliminary selection on the TAAF2021 official website.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The following prizes are awarded to excellent films:
- Grand Prize (both for Feature and Short, a cash award of 500,000 yen)
- Award of Excellence (both for Feature and Short, a cash award of 100,000 yen)
and other prizes (if applicable).
Duration of Programme: March 12 (Fri) – 15 (Mon), 2021
How to Apply: Please read this outline and regulations carefully before your application.
Visit Programme Webpage for Details
This post was last modified on July 4, 2020 6:06 pm