OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Young Professional Development Program 2021 for Young Leaders
The OPEC Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a structured 2-year program that has been designed to attract and develop young professionals from OFID’s Member Countries, and aims at equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to meet the minimum requirements for OFID’s entry level professional positions.
Application Deadline: 21st September 2020
Eligible Countries: OFID Member Countries
About the Award: The YPDP will allow participants to become acquainted with OFID’s operations and how the different departments/units contribute to the achievement of the institution’s overall strategic and operational goals. Based on an Individual Development Plan, YPDP participants should spend at least 50% of the duration of the Program in the home department/unit. Through this Program, participants will gain valuable on-the-job experience, and they will also benefit from a coaching/counselling arrangement as well as a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.
Upon completion of the Program, a participant may be offered employment at OFID, based on job availability, OFID’s manpower needs and the outcomes of his/her performance appraisal reviews.
Eligibility: To be selected for the YPDP program, applicants must:
- be an OPEC Fund member country national;
- be 30 years of age, or younger;
- hold a Master’s degree;
- be able to demonstrate outstanding academic credentials;
- be fluent in English and proficient in at least one other language;
- specialize in development, engineering, economics, finance, business administration, law, information technology, human resources or any other discipline relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations;
- be able to work in an international, multicultural and diverse environment;
- understand the OPEC Fund’s mandate; and
- be willing to work with the OPEC Fund in Vienna for a minimum of two years upon completion of the YPDP, if offered a position.
Selection Process: Young Professionals are chosen through an intensive and rigorous selection process. Applicants accepted will join the Program in the last quarter of the year. Candidates who are offered a position in the YPDP shall respond within 2 weeks. Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria may be contacted for interviews.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Program: OFID offers a compensation and benefits package that is internationally competitive and comparable with other multilateral institutions. Participants will also be entitled to benefits of internationally recruited staff members which include; housing allowance, dependency allowance, relocation grant, home leave allowance, medical benefits plan, children’s education subsidy, accident insurance plan and retirement benefits, amongst others.
Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply: To apply, candidates must submit:
- A YPDP online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
- Please ensure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, outlined above;
- Please submit the application essay and transcripts under the ‘Additional Documents’ section in the application form;
- Please submit a valid and current email address. Email us at [email protected] with new contact details should they change during the application process;
- Answer all the questions in the application form; and
- Please ensure that your application essay adheres to the below guidelines.
The OPEC Fund works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world. It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade. The OPEC Fund’s work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, infrastructure, employment (particularly relating to MSMEs), clean water and sanitation, healthcare and education.
In fewer than 1,000 words, please write an original essay addressing (i) the potential of development actors such as the OPEC Fund to help developing countries overcome obstacles to social, environmental and economic progress, and (ii) about how you would hope to contribute to development if you were selected to work for the OPEC Fund. You may focus on a region or set of countries and / or your area of expertise to formulate your essay.
Please remember, the OPEC Fund will only consider applications from candidates who meet the above criteria and submit an official online application before the deadline of September 21, 2020.
Also, please note that we will only reach out to short-listed candidates.