TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020 for Developing Countries – India
TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2020
02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
07-Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year.
- be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- hold a PhD degree in a field of science or technology.
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment.
- be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution (see sample Acceptance Letter that can be downloaded below or included in the application form). N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen CSIR host institution(s), with copy to the CSIR contact person. This will allow CSIR to monitor requests and offer support or assistance in finding suitable host institution(s), if necessary;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): India
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation.
Duration of Award: Up to 12 months
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.