Swansea University Medical School (SUMS) is awarding international applicants who are enrolling onto a Postgraduate Taught Master’s programme in the Medical School in 2020/21.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2020 23.59
Eligible Field(s): Eligible courses are:
- Diabetes Practice
- Genomic Medicine
- Health Data Science
- Health Informatics
- Leadership for the Health Professions
- Medical Education
- Medical Radiation Physics
- Applicants must be non-UK/ EU nationals.
- Applicants must hold an offer to study on an eligible course at Swansea University Medical School for September 2020.
- Applicants must have accepted their offer of place to study at the Medical School and have paid the £2,000 deposit in order to be considered for the International Scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolling on a taught master’s programme at Swansea University Medical School for the first time in September 2020.
- Application must be submitted by 23.59 on 31 July 2020.
- Scholarship holders may be asked to cooperate with the Medical School’s recruitment activities, and may be contacted by the University’s Public Relations Office.
- Each scholarship is to be offset against tuition fees and are non-transferable.
- Employees of Swansea University will not be eligible.
- This scholarship does not apply to Research programmes.
- Awards are available for full-time studies ONLY.
- Applicants in receipt of International Development Office Scholarships may be considered for the international scholarship at the Medical School. If applicants are eligible for a deduction of tuition fees from an International Development Office Scholarship, the 15% scholarship awarded by the Medical School will apply after any deduction of tuition fees.
- Applicants in receipt of the International Alumni Scholarship will not be eligible to receive the SUMS International Scholarship.
- Applicants in receipt of other Swansea University scholarships will not be eligible to receive the SUMS International Scholarship.
- This scholarship cannot be offered in conjunction with other Medical School scholarships.
- Only self-funding applicants will be considered.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome by 31 August 2019.
- The Medical School Scholarship committee may use whatever means of assessment it thinks most appropriate in order to determine which applicants are worthy of recommendation to the Head of the Medical School for the award of an International Scholarship.
- If it is deemed necessary for an International Scholarship holder to suspend their studies, the scholarship will be held on University’s account and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the student will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis.
- With the approval of the Head of the Medical School, or nominee, if an Alumni Scholarship holder’s progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory, the Scholarship may be withdrawn, and scholarship holder will be required to pay the full tuition fee. If student feel that such a withdrawal is unjustified, s/he may appeal in writing, using the University’s formal appeal mechanism.
- Swansea University Medical School reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other Regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final.
The following candidates are NOT eligible for an International Scholarship:
- Students applying for Graduate Entry Medicine or Physician Associate programme
- Exchange Students
- Visiting/ Associate students (including English Language students)
- The College, Pre-Master’s Programme students
- Students qualifying with an ‘exit’ qualification
- Students upgrading from MPhil to PhD.
- Students applying to Postgraduate Research Programme
Eligible Countries: International (non- EU)
To be Taken at (Country): UK
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Students who are eligible will receive a 15% deduction to the tuition fees.
Duration of Award: 1 year
How to Apply: To apply, complete an application form by the deadline of 23.59 31 July 2020.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Visit Award Webpage for Details
This post was last modified on June 22, 2020 3:29 pm