ICTP Prize 2020 for Young Researchers from Developing Countries
ICTP is now accepting nominations for young researchers from developing countries for the 2020 ICTP Prize.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2020.
Eligibility: The prize recognizes outstanding and original contributions to physics.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country):
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The prize includes a sculpture, a certificate, and a cash prize.
How to Apply: Anybody can nominate a candidate for the ICTP Prize. In order for a candidate to be considered, ICTP needs the following essential information:
- Candidate’s up-to-date curriculum vitae, including birthplace and date, nationality, education, main positions held including present placement and duties, and major honours and awards. Candidates must have obtained their PhD less than 12 years earlier, specifically after 31 December 2008 for the 2020 prize (or after 31 December 2007 for women with one child; after 31 December 2006 for women with two children);
- Brief description of scientific achievements and proposed citation;
- Two letters of recommendation.
It would greatly help the selection work, and make it more accurate, if you could provide us with additional information on:
1) Names of additional potential referees or nominators
2) Current phone and email address
3) List of significant publications
Self nominations are acceptable.
Please submit your nomination, along with a signed and dated cover letter, by 30 September 2020 in one of the following ways:
- Email: send to [email protected]
Strada Costiera 11
I-34151 Trieste, Italy
Visit Award Webpage for Details