New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS) 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures 2020 for Women (Mentors & Mentees)
Applications are now invited for NYAS groundbreaking project: 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures 2020, for Young Women globally
Application Deadline: 31st July 2020
About the Award: 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures is a groundbreaking initiative designed to engage young women interested in science, technology, engineering, and math, and advance their pursuit of STEM careers through mentoring and 21st-century skills development.
- Get help when you need it! You can connect with mentors at any time through our online platform.
- The coursework is independent and asynchronous, which means you complete some of the modules at your own pace
- You can engage with the network as often as you want—it’s a great way to make friends and gather resources!
- Girls around the world, aged 13-17 years old currently enrolled in high school or an equivalent, who are enthusiastic about science, technology, engineering or math (STEM)
- Women working in STEM, across all disciplines and sectors, who are willing to act as mentors, coaches, and role models
Eligible Countries: All
To be Taken at: All discussions, coursework, and networking takes place on Schoology.
Number of Awards: 1000
Value of Award: Students and mentors not only gain access to an exclusive STEM network – they also receive a FREE 1-year membership to the New York Academy of Sciences! Also, students receive
- Mentoring from real scientists and engineers in the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures network.
- Coursework, completed at your own pace, emphasizing college readiness, leadership, communication, and critical thinking.
- The opportunity to network with an awesome group of peers and female STEM professionals through social interaction, message boards, online events, and activities such as an optional Book Club. This is a safe, fun place to be a smart girl!
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.