Venture for Africa C19 Remote Fellowship 2020 for Young Africans
Newly launched global fellowship programme Venture for Africa has announced it has opened applications for its inaugural cohort, the Venture for Africa C19 Remote Fellowship.
Application Deadline: 1st June 2020
About the Award: Venture for Africa is a 3-month fellowship program designed to immerse top global talent in the African startup landscape. We partner with Africa’s fastest-growing startups to co-design an experience that enables fellows to quickly gain relevant skills and in-market knowledge, complete real project work and get fast-tracked to apply for a full-time role in their field.
Applications are now open and can be accessed through the organisation’s website. Interested candidates can find open roles ranging from marketing, to finance, to operations, data science and engineering, and apply online.
Startups participating in the first cohort include Kenyan startups Sokowatch, Turaco and OkHi.
This is how it works:
- Get Matched: Fellows are matched with specific roles relevant to their skillsets. Fellowship programs are co-created with VFA startup partners.
- Get Immersed: Fellows spend 3 months in their roles, during which they are immersed in local context, receive training from expert mentors and get to understand market nuances.
- Get Working: Fellows work on real project deliverables for their assigned. startups. Final projects are presented to the startup team, and fellows receive feedback.
- Get Hired: While full time roles are not guaranteed, fellows are fast-tracked through ordinary application processes for full-time roles at startup partners.
Eligibility: Exceptional talent from across Africa and the Diaspora.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Online
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value & Duration of Award:
- This 3-month, full-time remote fellowship enables talented individuals from anywhere in the world to dive into work with high-growth startups in Kenya who are busier than ever amid the COVID-19 crisis.
- Fellows also receive a stipend for their work for the duration of the program.
How to Apply: Put your skills to work. Apply now for Venture for Africa’s C19 Remote Fellowship, and take the first step toward a career at one of Africa’s leading startups.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.