School of Health Sciences Merit Scholarships for Overseas Student at Robert Gordon University, UK 2013
Scholarship Name: Merit Scholarships: School of Health Sciences
The School of Health Sciences at Robert Gordon University UK, offers Merit Scholarships for Overseas Masters Students in Physiotherapy, Diagnostic Radiography, Health Improvement, Health Promotion, Clinical Biomechanics and Sports Biomechanics 2012-2013
Accepted Subject Areas?
Eligible Courses for the Merit Scholarships:
- MSc Physiotherapy (pre registration); (available for both home and overseas students)
- MSc Diagnostic Radiography; (available for both home and overseas students)
- MSc Health Improvement Health Promotion; (available for overseas students only)
- MSc Clinical Biomechanics and MSc Sports Biomechanics; (available for overseas students only)
The School of Health Sciences is pleased to offer a number of merit scholarships to outstanding students who wish to study at the School from January 2013. Please read through the following information carefully, and ensure to visit the official scholarship webpage.
Scholarship Type: Merit Masters Scholarship
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
The School will assess all applications against the following criteria:
- Previous academic record and your suitability for postgraduate study in School, ie:
- Class of degree / CGPA / final score of first degree
- Relevance of your first degree to the course you are applying for
- The standing of the previous academic institution attended
- Any prizes or awards given to you in your first degree
- Relevant industrial or professional experience
- Evidence of workplace experience that is relevant to the course you are applying for
- Personal achievements: evidence of personal achievements in your life to date which indicate your ability to contribute to the wider life of the University community during your studies and the professional community that you will be joining on graduation
- In the event that 2 applications are scored identically and only one award is available, the panel will award the scholarship to the first application received, using the date of receipt in the University as the relevant date
Who is qualified to apply?
You may be an international student or you may be a UK / EU student wishing to study on a full-cost course.
You need to complete an application form and return it to the School.
Number and value of awards in academic year 2012/2013:
- MSc Physiotherapy (pre registration): 6 awards of £1000 each. Course commences January 2013.
- MSc Diagnostic Radiography: 3 awards of £1000 each. Course commences January 2013.
- MSc Health Improvement Health Promotion: 2 awards of £1000 each. Course commences January 2013.
- MSc Clinical Biomechanics and Sports Biomechanics: All scholarships have been allocated for 2012/13.
Home and Overseas students
To be taken at (country): UK
Application Deadline is 30 November 2012
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
Robert Gordon University must receive your completed application prior to the closing date of 30 November 2012 for MSc Physiotherapy, MSc Diagnostic Radiography and MSc Health Improvement Health Promotion.
Please note that in order to be considered for a scholarship, you must already hold an offer of a place to study on an eligible course at the School commencing January 2013; you must therefore ensure that your application for a place is submitted well in advance.
Please download the Scholarship application below. You should return it by post, fax or as a scanned copy by e-mail.
Visit link below for Merit Scholarship Application Form 2012: School of Health Sciences
As part of the application process you are required to write a short statement in support of your application, which should address the following points:
- Why you are applying for the scholarship
- How you will benefit from the opportunities that being given the award will provide
- How you would contribute to the University community during your studies here.
You may refer to activities, achievements and personal qualities which are particularly relevant to your application.
You should also include:
- A scanned transcript of your highest academic qualification;
- A scanned copy of your IELTS/TOEFL certificate or other English language qualification;
- A scanned copy of your University offer letter (or email if you have not received your letter).
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
The School of Health Sciences
Applications must be complete. Applications which are incomplete, missing required data or are illegible will be considered invalid. You may only apply for an award once. Multiple applications will not be considered.