2020/2021 Federal Government Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate, Masters and PhD for Study Overseas (Bilateral Educational Agreement)
The Federal Scholarship Board by the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria is now offering the 2020/2021 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study Overseas AND the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS TENABLE IN NIGERIA TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
FOR NA, SDG (SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS) FOR GIRLS ONLY.
Application Deadline: 6th December 2019 by 11:59 PM
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
About the Federal Scholarship: The Honourable Minister of Education, is hereby inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for:
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA) 2020/2021:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
NIGERIA AWARD SCHOLARSHIP (NA) 2020/2021:
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS TENABLE IN NIGERIA TERTIARY INSTITUIONS FOR NA, SDG (SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS) FOR GIRLS ONLY
FOR BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA)
• Undergraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2018 & 2019).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
• Postgraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
• Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign languare of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
• All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2019
• Complete the application form online
• Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above.
FOR NIGERIA AWARD SCHOLARSHIP (NA) 2020/2021 FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS TENABLE IN NIGERIA TERTIARY INSTITUIONS FOR NA, SDG (SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS) FOR GIRLS ONLY
- Applicants for Postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division. Applicant must be registered FullTime students of Federal or State Universities.
- All other applicants (UG, HND &NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education. All undergraduate Scholarship
applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
Number of Scholarships: Several
What are the benefits?
- The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of supplement, warm clothing, health insurance, research grant where applicable and take off.
- The Nigeria Award (NA) SDG Scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of:
- Institutional charges and fees and
- For Personal maintenance;
- SDGs Scholarship is for female only.
How long will sponsorship last? The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
Interview Dates and Zones (Venues): 2020/2021 FSB COMPUTER BASED TEST VENUES AND DATES FROM 15TH TO 19TH JANUARY 2019 ARE IN THE Scholarship Webpage Links below
What to bring to Interview: All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed, Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only ONE certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only for undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
How to Apply: Candidates nominated and finally selected by:
A. The awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports &
- Police clearance certificate where necessary.
B: THE NA/SDG AWARD:
Application forms are completed online as follows:
Complete form online
Submit and Print a copy
Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- CGPA results of year 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Current School’s Identity Card
- Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government
- Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
GENERAL NOTICE: During the application candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Centre of choice for the Computer Based Test (CBT); and
- Choice of programme preferred in order of priority (i.e. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA), Nigerian Award (N/A), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) scholarship for girls only).
- Warning : Double Entries will be disqualified
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS:
i) Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417/09094268637
ii) Nigerian Award/SDGs: 08077884418/08091155229
iv) [email protected]
For further Technical/Apps inquires please call: 08055581004
TIME : 9.00 A.M DAILY
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
ARC SONNY T. ECHONO, fnia
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION