Federal Government Scholarship 2022/2023 for Nigerian Undergraduate, Masters & PhD Study Overseas (Bilateral Educational Agreement)
Federal Government Scholarship 2022/2023: The Federal Scholarship Board by the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria is now offering the 2022/2023 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study Overseas.
Application Deadline: 20th June 2022 by 11:59 PM
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be Taken at:
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary and Egypt;
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Romania.
About Federal Government Scholarship: The Honourable Minister of Education, is hereby inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2022/2023 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for:
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
Type: The Awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
Eligibility Criteria for Federal Government Scholarship:
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2021 & 2022) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
Number of Scholarships: Several
What are the benefits of Federal Government Scholarship?
- The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while the Nigerian government takes care of supplement, warm clothing, health insurance, research grant where applicable and take-off.
How long will the Scholarship last? The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years, depending on the level of study and the country.
How to Apply for Federal Government Scholarship: Apply here
Application forms are completed online as follows:
Complete form online
Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates
- Data page of current International Passport
- Specified medical reports from Government hospitals
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Police clearance certificates where necessary
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS:
i) Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
ARC SONNY T. ECHONO, fnia
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION